Wednesday, March 05, 2008

superstition and the 80's rock ballad

Check this out, I been having a pretty good week. When did it start? When jeff healy died of course. See i like Jeff Healy, I was really bummed out when he died, besides being Canadian, overcoming cancer, and playing guitar blind, the guy was in the Swayze classic "Roadhouse." I mean all achievements aside, this is a modern American Classic....Swayze at the height of his powers (and hair), kicking ass and taking numbers in the best 80's unintentional homoerotic masterpiece since top gun!

Anyone remember the tagline of Roadhouse?

"The dancing's over. Now it gets dirty."

But i digress. Thoughts on Roadhouse aside, what does Jeff Healy have to do with good luck? Ok so right before i leave, i youtube the video for Angel Eyes. This song in fact:

Embedded Video

I put it on, on the way out, things go good. Rinse and repeat for a couple days, same result. Now having considered myself a rock ballad connoisseur, I recommend the following classics:

Mr. Big - "To Be With You"
Warrant - "Heaven"
Kansas - "Dust in the Wind"
Extreme - "More Than Words"

Enjoy.

Jeff Healy - R.I.P.

(1966 - 2008)

Blogged with Flock

No comments: