Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Furious One has a softer side...

I guess older folks remember the days of mixtapes...(now I suppose it's burned CDs or iTunes playlists). But one of the hallmarks of puppy love was making a mixtape. I mean, when you liked a girl, and you couldn't afford flowers or somehing fancy, it was just a way to tell her how you feel I guess if you had some CDs or tapes or something...I know I used to do stuf like this back in the day. I haven't in a while and with Valentine's Day coming up ...well, it's ok to feel nostalgic about when love used to feel purer back in the day.


So if I were to make a mixtape for that girl today, this is how it'd go:


"Charlene" - Anthony Hamilton
"Higher" - D'angelo
"Freak n' U" - Jodeci
"Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)" - The Beach Boys
"Common Man" - David Ruffin
"Wherever, Whenever, Whatever" - Maxwell
"April Showers" - Dru Hill
"I Love You" - Faith Evans
"Someone to Love You" - Ruff Endz
"Kung OK Lang Sayo" - Truefaith
"I've Just Seen a Face" - The Beatles
"U Luv" - J Dilla
"Stay the Night" Mariah Carey
"There For You" - Damian Marley
"No Me Ames" - Marc Anthony & J-lo
"Miss U" - The Notorious B.I.G.
"Time Will Reveal"- Janelle Monae
"Dosed" - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Santaria" - Sublime
"So High" - John Legend
"Afternoon Delight" - Starland Vocal Band
"Stand by my Woman" - Lenny Kravitz
"Reflection" - Prince
"Nothing Even Matters" - Lauryn Hill & D'angelo


Yeah...its sappy...oh well...

1 comment:

RT said...

Share music in future with goear.com you can embed into the blog post so visitors can listen