Sunday, January 14, 2007

small talk in the tri-cities

Talk about ice breakers. I was at a bar with a couple buddies watching the Ortiz/Lidell fight which ended a bit early. Nothing much to do so O, me and Film School Guy decide to catch a flick. I had never met Film School Guy before this night, but apparently he was a friend of O's from work.

So we watch the movie, its pretty late and if you know anything about Vancouver, public transit is pretty much nonexistent after 11PM. Seeing as we were a little out of the way, O volunteered me to drive his friend home. Not really a big deal, I sure didn't want this guy to get stranded.

So, we're just shooting the shit on the way back from Apocalypto when Film School Guy drops this question:

"when does a boy become a man?"

O answers something, I personally stay out of it....Film School Guy: "that was the answer I expected."

"what would the world be like without religion?"

dude, easy (what the hell kind of conversation is this?!?)...So then after dropping O off i'm stuck with Film School Guy. At this point I'm completely terrified he's gonna snap. There's an uncomfortable silence till I'm on the highway and all of a sudden Film Guy says:

"what's your sign, Pisces or Libra?"

"Aries"

FSG flips out! "Dammit!. This always happens! Every single time!"

I mean, FSG just goes nuts, he's upset with himself and I ask him what's wrong.

He responded that he was thinking Aries and he needs to trust his instincts more or some shit but at that point I was just flooring it so I could drop this wackjob off ASAP.

No comments: