Friday, April 07, 2006

California Love Part 3: PCH

In the final instalment of the LA trilogy, today is about the PCH. The PCH, (Pacific Coast Highway) is a stretch of road that runs through Santa Monica, Malibu and other major LA coast towns. I have no idea how two lanes of highway can have the effect this place has on me.

I of course I had to take a drive down to PCH, so I hopped into her car and we headed down. Besides it being one of my favorite places in the world, with all the stress going around right now, there's nothing like the West Coast to put things in perspective.

I can't even begin to describe the PCH, it's this explosion of humanity ranging from the rich and famous, to washed up hippies selling beads, hell's angels, poor folk, tourists, locals, you name it. Aside from that are the views of what seems to be the endless blue of the ocean, the white sanded beaches just resting at the feet of the green cliffs of Malibu.

It's been a while since I've been in LA in the Spring so the experience of the light ocean breeze, the sun, and mild temperature combined with the natural beauty really makes you stop and think about how lucky you are to be alive.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally read yr blog. You write really well sweetheart! There's a few spelling errors (like stepmoms - you only have one!) but I guess you knew that? Love you :}