Monday, April 03, 2006

Release Valves

I don't pretend to be Dr. Phil. Yet I know I could do a better job than that Oprah-coat-tail-riding, family-exploiting quack.

What I want to talk about right now is stress management. As a practicioner of anger managment (who some guy who has the same first name as Clipper Guard Maggette would enjoy), I have some credibility on this issue.

Borrowing a metaphor from the Big Aristotle, you can't ram a Corvette through a brick wall. So if someone you know is getting frustrated by trying the same thing, caught in routine or foolishly treading the same ground over and over only resulting in frustration.

I have a theory, frustration is an addiction such as crack or even better, buddha. Anyway, lesson of the day...it may be time for an intervention.

When the stress management release valve is causing stress itself, it's time to step in and save them from themselves.

No comments: